Chair: Donna Greaves, Towers Realty Group
Accepting 2017 Nominations!
1. The first award is for a complete renovation of a 100 year old building. The renovation included removal of lover level slab for re-pouring, a complete re-build of lower level suites and common areas, new windows, carpets, ceramic tiles, painting, weeping tile and drainage upgrade, new security system, fresh air take up, upgrades to electrical and a new transformer and improvements to parking lot. Major improvements to the suites include, replacement of plumbing fixtures, refinishing of tubs, new cabinets and counter tops, new appliances, refinishing hardwood floors, new vinyl plank flooring, and window coverings. All the improvements will greatly increase the life expectancy of the building and the overall quality of the residential complex. The Renovation Award goes to Towers Realty for 277 River Avenue – Royal Oak Court.
2. The next award goes to a company that is continually striving to find new and exciting ways to bring their properties to prospective tenants. 3 dimensional photography uses the same principles as Google Street view. By locating a 3 dimensional image capturing camera at multiple locations throughout a suite they are able to capture all angles, 360 degree views and create a virtual display suite through which prospective tenants can travel to from the comfort of their iPad or Smart phone. The Advertising Award goes to Towers Realty Group for 3 Dimensional Photography.
3. Our next award goes to a company that due to offering free mini bins to Manitoba Multi-family dwelling tenants has created efficiencies with access and convenience to recycle. Recycling collection has increased substantially with the deployment of the 90,000 bins; many buildings that were not recycling are now doing so because of this program. Due to the success of the Program and the increase of recyclable materials being recovered, the City of Winnipeg has identified and will address recycling collection issues and barriers within the Multi-family dwelling sector. The Innovation award goes to Recycle Everywhere, Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association.
4. The next award goes to a building that takes great pride in taking care of the landscaping of the property. The grounds are immaculate and bursting with color during all the appropriate seasons. The Landscaping Award goes to Globe General Agencies for Panama Court 785 Dorchester Avenue.
5. The next award goes to a person who has shown remarkable performance since the day he started. He has great work achievements and treats his properties as if they were his own. He has a cooperative attitude, good character, and takes great pride in his job. The quality of his work is consistently impressive. He is organized, detail oriented, has excellent safety work habits, gets along with staff, tenants and trades. The Maintenance Person of the Year Award goes to Randy Lang of Public Capital Company.
6. Now onto the Resident Manager award – this resident manager; who in the 4 years he has been managing his building has transformed the building from a sore spot in the neighborhood to a beacon of hope for his company and the neighborhood. This person has brought a sense of pride to his building, the tenants, neighborhood and tenants. He has made himself available for training new Resident Managers. The Resident Manager of the Year Award goes to Darren Smith of SAM Management.
7. Our Long Term Service award goes to a person that has held their current position since May of 1984 with just over 31 years in service. She started as a Resident Manager couple with her husband who did the Maintenance. Throughout the years she kept moving up to bigger buildings and more responsibilities proving to be a very effective Manager with high standards. She became a Property Manager approximately 10 years ago and now oversees 5 properties and Resident Managers with about 400 units in total. It is wonderful to see someone last this long in this industry and hope she enjoys retirement in the near future. The Long Term Service Award goes to Pat Belisle of WRE Developments.
8. Our Outstanding Community Service Award goes to a person who makes himself available after hours for the community, he is on the Board of Directors of St. Boniface General Hospital Auxiliary since 2007, and has been a Scout Leader since 2012. He participated in the 2015 CEO sleep out and was past co chair of the College Beliveau Parent Advisory Council. In addition to all of the business services he provides to the members of PPMA, he is a very active board member, participating in all PPMA events, is the chair of the Trade Show committee and is always willing to help out with committee items where ever he can and provides prizes/donations whenever needed. The Community Award goes to Kyle Picard of MTS.
9. The Property Manager of the Year Award goes to an individual who took on the challenge of taking over a second high rise building. She rebuilt the staff while maintaining the building operations and controlling the vacancy. She is currently working towards her CPM. The Property Manager of the Year awards goes to Abby Dowbush of Globe General Agencies.
10. Our next award goes to an associate member who was the title sponsor of the PPMA Trade Show and holiday luncheon in 2015. This company has provided over 90,000 free mini recycle bins to PPMA members and this program provides excellent opportunities for recycling without additional expense involved. The staff made it very easy to participate in the program and acted in a timely and efficient manner to get the program underway. The Associate Member Award goes to Recycle Everywhere, Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association.
11. Our final award goes to a Member who is committed to our association through promoting our association, Chairing the Board and General meetings and serving on numerous committees such as Political Action, Education and as the President of the PPMA. He has volunteered countless hours as an active member of the board of Directors and has the best interests or our membership in mind. The Member of the Year Award goes to Frank Koch- Schulte of Edison Properties.
1. The first award goes to a resident manager who if you know her you love her and have probably received a hug from her! She is a caring individual who definitely goes above and beyond. In the last year, she had a pretty big challenge to fill up a property that has never reached a zero percent vacancy. She set a goal and achieved it. Her employer is proud of her and glad that she is a part of their team. The Resident Managers of the Year Award goes to Ana Maria Bastos Di Stasio of Broadstreet Properties.
2. The next award goes to a person who began their career in maintenance over 35 years ago. He is a dedicated and an important member of the Qualico family providing quality service and maintenance to the tenants. This person has adapted and learned new skills to keep up with the ongoing demands in his chosen field. He is a Jack of All Trades. “Grandpa Ben” has decided to semi-retire this year and Rancho Realty would like to honour his dedication, experience talents and skills by nominating him. The Maintenance Person of the Year Award goes to Ben Thiessen of Rancho Realty Services.
3. The next award goes to a person that has held her current position for 20 years of exceptional service. She is very conscientious about her work and addressing any issues tenants may have. She is truly a valuable asset to the building and continues to be a great help in the creation of a positive resident experience. The Long Term Service Award goes to Kathy Barr of Towers Realty Group.
4. The next award is for a complete renovation including energy efficient lighting, solid wood maple “shaker style” doors, new mail area, interior elevator , carpet tiles in corridors, VCT tile floors in stair wells, new entrance doors with upgraded hardware for wheelchair access,, replaced front window are with color “Spandrel” glass and install new fob door entry system. Retiled pool including all walls, new washroom facility, energy efficient window pool room, new heat return system, and re-humidification system, and rebuilt pump and chemical room The Renovation Award goes to Globe General Agencies for 15 Carlton – Kelly House.
5. The next award goes to a building that takes great pride in taking care of the landscaping of the property. The grounds are immaculate and bursting with color during all the appropriate seasons. The Landscaping Award goes to Globe General Agencies for Newdale Apartments, 2965/2973 Pembina Highway.
6. The next award goes to a person who makes herself available and provided fast and efficient service. She offers excellent advise, support and ensures the job is being done right. She stays in regular touch with clients to ensure any issues are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and always with a smile. In addition to all of the business services, she is a very active member of the PPMA, showing up to most all PPMA events is a member of the Trade Show committee and is always willing to help out with committee items where ever she can and provides prizes/donations whenever needed. The Outstanding Customer Service Award goes to Linda Isaac of Johnson Waste Management.
7. The next award goes to two individuals who have gone above and beyond to donate their time and material to ensure the success of the PPMA habitat house. They both spent many hours fund raising and dedicating their personal time and experience to the project. Both individuals have worked on numerous Habitat projects over many years donating their time to well deserving families that are less fortunate. The Outstanding Community Service Award goes to Ron Maurer and Wally Rubin.
8. The next award goes to a company for their incredible marketing of one of their newest properties – The Ridge Apartments – 2350 McGillivary Boulevard. their company and advertising of all of their properties. This company has employed a Social Media/ Market Research person. The Advertising Award goes to Towers Realty Group.
9. The next award goes to an individual on with many year of experience. He that his position extremely serious, is a mentor and a leader for his staff and well in respected in his office. His employer is extremely fortunate and proud to have him as part of their team. The Property Manager of the Year awards goes to Larry Patey of WRE Developments.
10. The next award goes to a person who makes himself available after hours for clients, offers advise, support and ensures the job is being done right. His clients are kept up to date with the newest offers his company has to offer and stays in regular touch with clients to ensure any issues are dealt with swiftly, efficiently and always with a smile. In addition to all of the business services, he is a very active member of the PPMA, showing up to most all PPMA events is the chair of the Trade Show committee and is always willing to help out with committee items where ever he can and provides prizes/donations whenever needed. The Associate Member Award goes to Kyle Picard of MTS.
11. Our final award goes to a Member who is committed to our association through promoting our association, regular attendance at Board and General meetings and as our Vice President of the PPMA. He has volunteered countless hours as an active and member of the board of Directors and has the best interests in mind. The Member of the Year Award goes to Garrett Wong of Garamark Properties.