PPMA Code Of Ethics
The following Code of Ethics was unanimously approved and adopted by our members at November's General Membership Meeting.
Members of the Professional Property Manager's Association of Manitoba (PPMA):
1. Shall, at all times, conduct their business and personal activities with knowledge of and in compliance with applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations and shall maintain the highest moral and ethical standards consistent with membership in and adherence to the by-laws of the PPMA
2. Shall carry on their business with fidelity to clients and employees, with fairness and with loyalty to the Code of Ethics of the PPMA in a manner worthy of a Member.
3. Shall act fairly with tenants and manage their property so as to provide a comfortable residence and strive for improved standards of living for their tenants and shall maintain the property in a manner consistent with the Residential Tenancies Act and their Rental Agreement(s).
4. Shall endeavor to establish and maintain relationships with their tenants which are based on mutual respect as well as recognition and acceptance of the rights and responsibilities of both tenants and landlords.
5. Shall manage their property in a manner consistent with a responsibility to conserve natural resources and the environment.
6. Shall strive to maintain and continually improve the professional standards of the industry through education, training and refinement of management skills.
7. Shall not be party to any activity that discriminates against a person or persons on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, family status, national origin, religion, political beliefs or source of income.
8. Shall, where practical, enter into written contracts and agreements with clients, suppliers and tenants and shall honor the terms of those agreements.
9. Shall seek to maintain an equitable, honorable and cooperative relationship with the Industry, the PPMA and fellow Members.
10. Shall carry out their duties and responsibilities and act in a manner that will enhance the image and goodwill of the Industry, the PPMA and fellow members.
11. Shall not publicly criticize a competitor and should never express an opinion of a competitor's management, property, or business unless requested professionally to do so. Such opinions shall be given in writing with adherence to strict professional courtesy and integrity.
12. Shall not disclose to a third party confidential information regarding the personal or business affairs of a Member without their consent unless required to do so by law.
Process for dealing with complaints:
1. The PPMA shall promptly and fairly respond to all legitimate complaints or concerns raised with respect to conduct unbecoming a Member of the PPMA.
2. Any complaints will be promptly investigated by the PPMA to determine if the actions of the Member are in violation of the by-laws and/or the Code of Ethics.
3. Members who violate the by-laws and/or the Code of Ethics may be reprimanded, suspended or expelled from the PPMA by resolution of the Board of Directors. No such disciplinary action will be taken until a complete investigation has been conducted by the PPMA and the Member has been given the opportunity to be heard and, where appropriate, to correct the violation, but has failed to do so.
Return to Top